Purchasing Property within an SMSF. Top Mistakes to Avoid!
There are plenty of spruikers out there at the moment targeting SMSFs for various investment schemes that may seem too good to be true.
The old saying “if it’s too good to be true, then it probably is” applies here just as importantly as anywhere else.
The team, at PJS Accountants all too often deal with the after effects of these decisions that have been made.
Ensuring that you get the right advice before committing your super savings to any investment opportunity, will ensure:
- You understand your compliance requirements.
- You understand what type of property can be purchased using a SMSF.
- Ensuring the super funds capacity to maintain ongoing compliance costs.
- The correct structure is set up from the establishment of the fund.
- Ensuring that the investments are aligned with the funds Investment Strategy.
- Contracts for the property purchases are in the correct name.
If you need help with your SMSF, have any questions or want additional information please call PJS Accountants today on (07) 33903177 or Click Here to contact us.